You can now use Selz on your business Facebook page to show your fans what things are on sale in a non-intrusive and engaging way. Your Facebook page fans are interested in hearing what your business has to offer and want to know more about you and what your business is doing – that’s why they liked your Facebook page in the first place!
Here are our tips on creating extra revenue through your fan page.
- Talk! Post photos and updates on new or existing product. Ask questions and invite people to give their opinion. People love to talk about themselves, so if you show genuine interest in your followers and what they’re up to, they’ll give it back in return.
- Have fun. If you’re enjoying yourself, chances are people will be enjoying what you have to offer. Facebook can be a great way to have fun with your followers, whether it be through conversation, images, or competitions – all the while you’ll be building up your Facebook page presence.
- Facebook Insights allows you to keep track of your page activity, which is great for giving you a general idea about what kind of content works for your fan base. Don’t get too hung up on things like numbers of ‘likes’ though – it’s better to have a smaller amount of genuine fans that are engaged than a larger amount that aren’t truly interested in what you have to offer.
- Be proud! Selling is not something that comes naturally to everyone, but you need to remember that your Facebook fans already love you and what you have to offer. So pop up that Selz link and get excited. If you’re excited about your product then your fans will be too. Don’t forget that Facebook provides a function where Fan Page Administrators can “pin” their post to the top so that they are more visible for a longer period of time. Selz posts are ideal for this.
- Create context for your product listing. Create anticipation by giving sneak peeks or posting content that complements your product. Think about what kind of people will love that specific product and speak directly to them through your page. Be inspiring! And your Selz link doesn’t have to stand alone – when you choose to share to Facebook we’ll add the photo and the price but the text is up to you. You can leave it at a product description but if your product has a story behind it why not include it?
- Be consistent. Decide what time or day you’ll be posting and stick to it. You might even decide on a specific time for a specific kind of content – your followers will come to know what to expect and will look forward to what you have to say/sell! Early morning or evening can be good times to post if your Facebook fans are more likely to be looking at Facebook. A study by Buddy Media revealed that Brands that posted outside business hours had engagement rates 20% higher – try it and see.
- Create urgency. Facebook is a fast moving beast and you’ll need to keep up, so why not set some restrictions on your sale to help get people excited? If your product is a one-off let people know, or try selling certain items for a limited time. Make sure you stay genuine – you don’t want to offer something up as a limited time Facebook offer only for customers to realise that they can purchase it on your website at any time for the same price.
- Promote posts. Consider promoting the occasional Facebook post to make sure that your content is reaching its full potential. It will also ensure that your true fans aren’t missing out on something they might really want. Promoted Posts are a cost effective way to increase the potential reach of a post so even a large percentage of your audience and the friends of those liking or commenting your post will see it.
If you have any tips to share, let us know in the comments below!