We’ve partnered with YouTube so now you can sell your products and services direct from within YouTube videos. Like everything we do, it’s super-easy to sell on YouTube and it can be incredibly powerful.
Linking direct to your product or service from directly within a YouTube video is a really effective way to showcase your product. It works using something called Merch Annotations. Selz is an approved Merch Annotation provider for YouTube.
How to sell on YouTube using Selz
First up, to unlock the power of selling direct from within your YouTube videos, you YouTube account needs to be verified. This is a very straightforward process. If you’re not already verified here’s how to verify your YouTube account.
Once you’re verified, follow these steps:
1. Sign into your YouTube account
2. Go to Video Manager and the Videos option to display a list of your videos
3. Click Edit on one of your videos and you’ll be taken to the editing page for that video.
4. From the top menu choose Annotations. Annotations is how you add clickable links to your YouTube video.
NOTE: If this is the first time you’re using external annotations, at the top of the menu you’ll see a banner that says “Enable your account for external annotation links.” Click Enable and accept the Terms & Conditions.
5. Select the + Add annotation option and choose the type of annotation you want. For this example we’re using a Note because we think they work well.
6. There is a Link tick-box at the bottom. Tick it and a dropdown list will appear. Choose Merch. Then paste the full link for your Selz Item into the link box.
IMPORTANT: Don’t use a short link (like selz.co or bit.ly) you need to use the full link to your Selz item, like this one:-
7. The text you want to show for the link goes in the Note box.
8. Move the annotation around in the video to where you want it. The timeline at the bottom will help you find the place where you want to put your annotated link, as well as the Start and End boxes.
9. Play back the video to make sure the link is where and when you want it, double-check your link, and you’re ready to start selling from within your YouTube videos!
You can add more than one annotation to a video and sequence them to engage the viewer in the text. Here’s an example:-
If you love what we’re doing then give us a share or a tweet to let your contacts know about this awesome new feature :)