You know that being a freelance designer means you don’t get to spend 100% of your time just designing beautiful things all day. Have you considered starting your own Photoshop store?
You have 101 other non-paying distractions and important things to do every day.
You know that diversifying your revenue by adding a passive income stream makes sense. It’s a great way to scale your income without putting in more hours or raising prices.
But you don’t have time to mess around with the technical details of setting up an online store to sell your Photoshop templates, brushes, PSD files, textures, fonts, and other digital products.
You don’t want to be spending time unnecessarily on creating your own store if you can spend it on paid client work. What’s the quickest, easiest way to open an online Photoshop store without spending hours setting it all up?
Why open a Photoshop store with Selz?
Selz is simply one of the easiest, fastest ways to start selling your Photoshop products direct from a blog or from your own online store. There’s no need to buy compatible premium themes or upgrade to expensive monthly plans.
And Selz makes it especially easy to sell digital products. Each item can be up to 15GB, and include multiple files. There are no bandwidth limits, so even if you’re selling streaming MP4 videos you can rest assured your buyers will get what they’re paying for, with no throttling or downtime.
You use Selz to easily to sell:
…and anything else up to 15GB
You can also customize your online Photoshop store with Selz by using the many different available apps. They provide features like allowing PayPal checkout, and free integration with email tools including MailChimp, AWeber, and Campaign Monitor.
Selz vs Shopify vs Squarespace
We often get asked by creators who’re looking for an easy way to create an online store for their digital work, how is Selz different to Squarespace and Shopify.
Both the other solutions are popular for building Ecommerce websites, but they aren’t designed specifically for digital online stores. From day one Selz was built to give you all the features you need to sell more of your digital files.
Squarespace limits you to only one single item and only 2GB of storage on their cheapest plan. It’s only unlimited on the more expensive $30 a month business plan.
Whereas with Selz you can sell any number of products with multiple files, and each file can be up to 15GB in size.
If you use Selz you can offer people the choice of buying with a credit card, Amex or PayPal. PayPal is one of the most popular forms of online payment and can easily account for 25% of sales. Squarespace doesn’t accept PayPal as it uses Stripe. Which means potentially lower sales as your customers will buy elsewhere.
To sell any digital items with Shopify you’re going to need to add an app to handle the digital files.
This means additional expense and even then you won’t have all the features that Selz offers like video trailers, video streaming, 15GB file size, download to Dropbox, a free Facebook store, etc. Shopify is an expensive option for selling digital items compared to using Selz.
Shopify’s basic plan is $29 per month, plus they will charge 2% transaction fee per sale, and on top of this, you will need to pay the payment processor (Stripe fees are 2.9% + 30c) and whatever fees are associated for the app to handle the digital files. That’s why we think Selz is the best Shopify alternative for your Photoshop store.
How to open a Photoshop store with Selz
Here’s how you can get starting selling in just a few minutes:
How to sell individual items with Selz
- Log in to Selz.com: Create a username and password, or use your Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus account.
- Add your first item: Click the “Sell an item” button, and choose “Digital Item.”
- Upload your files: Drag and drop your files you’d like to sell. You can add multiple files, and each file can be up to 15GB in size.
- Add the details: The only required details are the item name and price. You can also allow buyers to name their own price, and set a minimum. Optionally, you can include preview images, audio, or video, quantity available, a product description up to 500 characters, and a field for buyers to enter discount codes. When you’re finished (you can edit any of the item information at any time), click “Next.”
- Share your item: On the next screen, you’ll see many options for sharing your item. You can share the link, or grab the code for a buy-now button or widget to embed in your website.
- Selling individual items is as easy as that! You can use the Store Pro app if you’d like to customize the look of your Store Pro. Just continue to add all your products, then follow the steps below.
Customize the look of your Photoshop store
Once you’ve added all your products, you’re ready to customize the look of your online Photoshop store.
- Install Store Pro: Click on “Apps” at the top of the page, and select the Store Pro app to install it.
- Choose a theme: Click on “Themes” at the top of the page. From here, you can select a theme. Click “View” to choose the colors for your online store to match your existing blog or website. You can also choose to display your store name with text or upload your logo.
- Customize the look: Click “More” to customize the look of your store. You can easily use the editor to edit the CSS in an existing theme or to create your own theme. When you’re ready, click on “Publish” and your store is live!
- Share your store: Create a custom URL for your store, or just grab the current URL (you can find it by clicking “Store” in the menu at the top of the page, or modify it by clicking “Settings”). You can share your store URL on social media, or add it to your website or blog’s main menu.
That’s it! Now you have a beautiful, professional Photoshop store up and running.
What are you waiting for?
High quality, high resolution, Photoshop brushes sets or collections are still hot. And now its easier than ever to build that passive income by selling them direct. So why wait, give it a go.
If you move fast you can take advantage of the 14-day free trial on Store Pro app to get your own beautiful looking online store.