Gary Vaynerchuk is the king of the hustle in the online space and he has some business advice to share with you.
CEO of digital agency Vaynerchuk Media, his career rocketed after he grew his father’s wine business from 3 million to 60 million revenue in just 5 years using video marketing.
Having acquired his social media skills and prowess, Gary V then began to share his knowledge of social media and life as an entrepreneur online, and he is now a prolific content creator, angel investor, and icon of business globally.
The author of 4 books: ‘The Thank You Economy’, ‘Crush It!’, ‘#AskGaryVee’, and ‘Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook’, Gary Vee’s no nonsense opinions and viewpoints on the entrepreneurial lifestyle are legendary.
Here are a few of his top tips:
- Work in a way that suits you best.
When you are creating content, work in a way that is really natural to you. Don’t try to force yourself to do content that isn’t natural
- Make content that’s appropriate for the platform you are sharing it on. Be mindful of the platform you are working with, be it on social media or longer form blog posts, and tailor your content to the platform.
- Know your audience; Gary is a huge proponent of knowing exactly what your audience needs to hear from you. Once you know what your audience want to hear it’s easy to answer that question and to be the go-to person in your industry.
- Hustle! Gary V, as he’s affectionately known, is renowned for working 18-hour days to fulfill his vision. While this working pattern may not be for everyone, (and you can check your Meyer Briggs types here to work in a way that is appropriate for you), he is certainly not a work-shy individual.
- Step up as CEO when things go wrong to carry the can.
Gary V recently responded publicly to address a crisis on social media, and was lauded for his personal response. A situation arose when an invitation to a Cannes film festival party was written in a particularly sexist manner. When questioned about the wording by a magazine editor on Twitter, he dealt with this personally and sent a video in response, managing to diffuse the matter immediately and with integrity.
Gary V is a fantastic example of a CEO who is in touch with his company and the needs of his audience with his finger firmly on the pulse.
He is certainly an inspiration, staying ahead of the curve, and social media trends, and is notorious for his Snapchat channel and daily stories which track his travels and of the world as he shares the message of how entrepreneurs can grow their businesses.