Do you want a WordPress store? Are you ready to monetize your WordPress website?
Opening an online store is one of the most effective ways to make money online, and the extendibility of the WordPress platform makes turning your website into a storefront a piece of cake.
Or at least, it should be that easy… But the endless customization options of WordPress can be a curse as well as a blessing. All the options that make WordPress so flexible can also be overwhelming, and even strike you with choice paralysis, preventing you from getting started at all.
While opening up store on WordPress can be simple, there are hundreds of ways to go about it. Even just the free plugins listed on the WordPress.org website number in the tens of thousands, and that’s not even counting all the third-party premium plugins available.
And many of those ecommerce solutions are anything but simple. Setting up your WordPress store can require technical knowledge and coding to get it just right, or force you to choose a new ecommerce compatible WordPress theme at premium prices.
So what is one of the simplest, fastest ways to set up a great-looking, professional store for your WordPress website, without requiring any technical expertise?
Sell products from your WordPress posts
When you sell using Selz there is no need to learn coding or buy expensive themes to be compatible. You can easily add a professional shopping cart and checkout to your existing WordPress website in just a few minutes.
Selz can be used to sell physical items, digital items, or even services from your blog. This makes it easy to turn your food blog into a recipe shop, offer advanced workout videos on your fitness blog, or sell premium themes and graphics from your graphic design portfolio.
Individual items are easy to embed as widgets or buy-now buttons in your posts, pages, or sidebars, or you can link your blog to a complete customized online store using one of Selz’s professional (free) themes.
For each item you sell, you can upload a preview image, audio, or video file. It’s possible to limit the quantity available to buy, or make it limitless for digital items. You can also customize delivery options, let buyers name their own price, add variants like color or size options, and offer customers discounts and coupons.
Best of all, there are no bandwidth limits for digital items, so you don’t have to worry about your own website’s bandwidth being throttled when your store goes viral. And with up to 15GB file size and multiple file uploads per item allowed, you’ve got plenty of room for whatever you want to sell.
With Selz’s professional-looking checkout complete with SSL certificates, your buyers will have the confidence to purchase directly from your blog. You can give them the choice of paying with PayPal, credit card, or Amex.
Selz also comes with a load of built-in features that help you increase your sales. You get built-in order management, analytics, and free integration with email newsletter services like AWeber and MailChimp.
Setting up your WordPress store with Selz
Depending on your needs, there are a few different ways to sell your items on WordPress. Both of these options work for both self-hosted WordPress.org websites and WordPress.com blogs, since there’s no need to upload special themes or plugins.
First, set up your Selz account at Selz.com. You can either set up a new username and password, or log in using Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus.
Once you log in to your new account, you can add items to sell by clicking on the “Add Item” button, and adding all the required details. You can always edit them or add information later if you’d like.
Option #1: Add individual items for sale to your website.
If you’re selling just a few items, you can add those items on the Selz website, and then generate a full widget or a simple buy-it-now button to add to your WordPress website. This is a great option if you want to add an item for sale in your sidebar on every page, or embed an item into a blog post.
You can also embed a simple store with all your sale items right into your WordPress website on a page or post.
To do this, just log in to your Selz account and choose the item you want to share. Hover your mouse pointer over the item, and click on the “Share” button. From here, you can choose how to share your item on your website or even on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also click on the “Advanced” tab to access and customize the code, for those who are technically inclined.
Option #2: Create an online store.
Your second option is to create a complete, professional-looking online store, which you can then link to from your WordPress site.
Selz enables you to easily set up a beautiful online shop in minutes. Choose from the themes available and customize the colors to match your WordPress theme. If you want to fully customize your store your store you can by editing the CSS.
Benefits of using Selz for your online store
There are a number of benefits to adding an online store to your WordPress site this way.
- You continue to enjoy the full range of the WordPress plugins to customization of your WordPress site
- Selz is simple, quick and easy to setup – you can be ready in minutes.
- Save money by not having to upgrade your hosting plan or change your WordPress theme.
- The Selz one page checkout looks highly professional in appearance and designed to be easy for customers to use.
- Everything is taken care of by Selz – you get a reliable, secure store and as you don’t host it you don’t have to worry about SSL and other WordPress security issues.
- Credit card payments are taken care of for you. Plus you can offer customers the option of using PayPal via our App upgrade.
- If using the Design & Pages app you can choose a store theme to use, or edit the CSS to customize the store to match your existing WordPress theme.
- If selling video classes there are no bandwidth or storage limits to worry about and pay for.
- You can link your store to email tools such as AWeber or MailChimp for free using the Selz Apps.
- Payment processing is taken care of and will be paid into your PayPal account (or your bank account if you live within the US or Australia).
How to create your online store and add it to WordPress
- Add your items: Log in to your Selz account and add the items you want to sell. If you haven’t already registered with Selz, its free to open an account and to get started.
- View your store: Click on “Store” in the menu. You’ll see all your items here on your own custom store URL.
- Customize the look: To customize the look of your store, click on “Themes” to view all available themes. Once you’ve chosen your theme, click on “Install” and “Publish”. Within the store editor you can now customise your theme to match your WordPress website.
- Add your store to WordPress: In your WordPress website’s dashboard, go to Appearance > Menus. Add a new link in your main menu that points to your custom URL.
With Selz, you don’t have to mess around with complicated setups or technical details, pay expensive fees to buy compatible themes, or worry about bandwidth or security. It’s the best way to quickly and easily set up an online shop.
Sign up for a free Selz account now and take advantage of the 14 day free trial to see for yourself how you could be selling online in less than 15 minutes!