Having a successful fashion blog take commitment and passion. There are photo shoots to set up, website and hosting fees, behind-the-scenes website maintenance, not to mention promoting your blog and building your audience. Even if your goal isn’t to earn a living from your blog, you deserve to get some kind of compensation for all the hours of hard work you invest in it, besides the thanks of your adoring fans. Your fans love your style and want a way to have it directly from you. We will cover what you need to know to make your own online clothes store for your blog.
But successfully monetizing a fashion blog can be a tricky.
Slapping some paid advertisements on your blog seems like an easy solution, until you spend hours on technical details and “optimization,” only to find out how little revenue they actually generate.
Then there’s sponsored posts, paid reviews, and affiliate links, which — let’s be honest — might come off as a little out of sync to your trusting audience.
So is there a simple, easy, and honest way to make money from your fashion blog?
You provide value to your audience by providing entertainment and information, so why not use that to your advantage? Think about the questions your readers have asked you lately about where you find your clothes, how to find the most flattering fit, or how exactly you modify or upcycle your vintage clothing.
There’s a great way to answer all your readers’ questions, while getting the compensation you deserve for all your efforts: Open up an online clothes store with Selz and Store Pro in just a few minutes, and there’s no technical knowledge required!
What to sell on your fashion blog
No matter what kind of fashion blog you have, there’s something you can create and share that your audience will love and pay for. Luckily, Selz makes it very easy to sell anything right from your blog.
Physical goods: clothing & accessories
As a savvy fashionista, your readers are probably asking you all the time where you get your awesome clothes from. They know that you can build a wardrobe on a shoestring budget with your keen eye for valuable vintage clothing and accessories at consignment stores, yard sales, and flea markets.
With Selz, you can start selling those pieces on your blog, too. (Hey, if Urban Outfitters can sell vintage clothes at a 1,000% markup, why can’t you?)
This is a great way to make money doing what you love: shopping! And you can rest assured that the clothing and accessories you fall in love with will go to loving homes, even if you can’t fit them all in your own wardrobe.
If you’re a crafty fashionista, you can also sell your own upcycled, modified, or hand-crafted fashions on your blog. No need to open up a separate shop on Etsy, where you have to work hard to build up an audience all over again and market your shop. Instead, you can sell your beautiful work right on your own fashion blog, where you’ve already built a readership.
Digital products: eBooks, PDF patterns, video tutorials
When it comes to digital products, your imagination’s the limit. What do your readers ask you for? Which posts are the most popular on your blog? You can turn those requested items into premium digital products.
For example, if your most popular post is a tutorial on how to find the most flattering jeans, you can create an in-depth ebook guide on the same topic, and use Selz to embed it right in that post. And if you’re not sure how to price it, you can allow buyers to name their own price.
If you blog about your adventures in upcycling, and your readers are always asking you for more details on how you perform your craft, why not create a video tutorial and sell it on your blog? Or if you like to create your own fashions, you could create a PDF sewing pattern or written tutorial.
Selling services: fashion coaching
As a fashion blogger, you have a double expertise in fashion and blogging. Why not leverage that expertise to make some money from your blog?
You can offer one-on-one fashion coaching by reviewing a reader’s wardrobe or critiquing an individual outfit. Or give your readers tailored advice on what fashions to wear to a special event, like a job interview, prom, a date, or even their wedding.
And as an expert blogger, you could offer to review other fashion blogs and give them advice on how to improve their blogs and grow their audience.
Selling with Selz
With Selz opening up a store to sell physical and digital items and services is a piece of cake. There’s no technical knowledge required, and you can easily start selling items on your blog in just a few minutes. Using Selz, you can add individual items as a buy-now button or a widget in your blog.
Links to support pages for adding item to page, or embed store
If you’d like a professionally designed store or want to customize the look of your store you can use our app Store Pro. You can choose a theme, edit the colors, add a logo or edit the CSS to fully personalize your store look.
Why using Selz makes sense
Selz and Store Pro are ideal for adding a store to your fashion blog. Here’s why:
- Quickly setup your store in just minutes
- Choose a store theme to suit your blog. Or edit the CSS to fully customize the look of your store
- No need to replace your blogs theme with an expensive premium ecommerce theme or to go on an expensive monthly plan
- Secure, professional checkout with a variety of payment options including the option of offering PayPal
- Built-in order management and store analytics
- Increase sales conversions with video product trailers
- No bandwidth or storage limits for digital items
- Build your email list by integrating your store with MailChimp, AWeber, and more
How to set up shop with Selz and store pro
- Create an account: Go to Selz.com, and set up a username and password, or just log in with Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus.
- Add products: Log in to your Selz account and click on the “Sell and item” button. Click on physical item, digital item, or service, and add details such as description and price. Click “Next” when you’re done.
- Sell individual items: On the next screen, you can share your item via social media, or grab a button or widget to embed in your blog.
- Set up shop: If you’d like to set up shop with Store Pro, click on “Apps” at the top of the page. Select the Store Pro app, and install it.
- Customize the look: Click on “Themes” at the top of the page, and choose a theme (or code your own by clicking “More”). Click “View” to customize the colors to match your fashion blog. You can also add a logo by clicking on “Themes” in the toolbar on the left.
- Add Store Pro to Your Blog: Go to your blog, and add a link in your sidebar or main menu to your Store Pro URL.
And you’re done! Now you’re ready to start earning money on your fashion blog with your own online store.
Start your clothes store today
Sign up for free and take the first step to opening your online clothes store.