These days, with WordPress hosting nearly 30% of the internet, there’s a fair chance that many of your favorite sites are hosted on this popular platform. But what if you prefer Blogger? Can you create a Blogger online store like you can on WordPress?
Short answer: yes. It can seem overwhelming to start selling products from your Blogger site. It doesn’t have to be. It’s entirely possible for users on the Blogger platform create a stylish Blogger online store and start making a profit without breaking a sweat.
3 Simple Ways to Create a Blogger Online Store
1. Add Buy Buttons or Product Widgets
2. Embed an Online Store
3. Link to an External Online Store
Blogger Online Store= Simple Ecommerce
Selling your own products doesn’t have to be complicated, especially if you run a Blogger website. By keeping things simple and streamlined you can sell a whole range of products with relative ease.
Before I delve into how to do it, let’s look at some of the products you could create and sell. These might include:
- Digital Products like Ebooks, instructional video tutorials, music, webinars, Photoshop brushes, software, etc.
- Physical Products like artwork, clothes, jewelry, bags, shoes, etc.
- Services such as coaching, web design, personal training, etc.
You don’t need to limit yourself to just one product type. Selling a service you can perform at a premium is a great way to both generate income and monetize your blog. In the same way, selling small physical goods that you’ve made can help you tap into a more niche market that will appreciate your work.
Here are 3 simple options for creating a Blogger online store with Selz:
1. Add Buy Buttons or Product Widgets
One of the simplest ways you can sell from your Blogger page is to embed a button or widget that links directly to your product within a page or blog post.
First, you’ll need to create your product in Selz. Go to Selz and create an account. You’ll be able to start adding products straight away by clicking on ‘Add an Item’. Your items will automatically go into your store, which you can access by clicking on ‘Store’ and ‘Preview” in the left-hand menu. You’ll see all your products sitting on your very own custom URL.
To find your button and widget options, select “Buttons and Widgets” from the left-hand menu. From there you’ll be able to customize the color and look of your buttons before copying the code generated.
2. Embed a Blogger Online Store
Another simple way to add products to your Blogger site is to embed your entire store right onto the platform. With Selz, this is as easy as adding buy buttons and widgets.
First, make sure all of your products are added into your Selz dashboard by using the “Items” option in your menu. Next, navigate to the “Buttons and Widgets” option in your Selz dashboard and find the “Store” option. Here, you will be able to customize the style of your store to match your Blogger brand.
3. Navigate to your Online Store
Another effortless way to sell via a Blogger online store is to link to your Selz Store via a navigation link on your Blogger site. Selz has professionally-designed themes and store editor for users who want to create a fully-customized separate online store to direct traffic to.
Once you’ve picked a theme for your Selz store, you can navigate to ‘Store’, and then ‘Editor’ to start customizing the look of your new Blogger online store! Within the new store editor, you can add content blocks to arrange your store how you please, change the colors and fonts to match your branding, and create a stylish, attention-grabbing Blogger online store that will appeal to your fans.
Once you are happy with the design of your store, go back to your Selz dashboard and click back into ‘Buttons and Widgets’. This time, you will select ‘Store Button’. Here you can customize the look of your navigation button, then copy and paste it over into your Blogger online store when you are ready.
How you do this will depend on the Blogger theme that you use, but generally, you’ll be able to paste the HTML code into your navigation (or wherever you want the button placed).
And you’re done! A link to your store will appear on your homepage and your buyers will be able to shop within your store with ease.
The benefits of using Selz on Blogger
There are many benefits to selling this way with a Blogger online store. Here are a few of the advantages that will directly affect you as a seller:
- Selz is quick and easy to use – you can be ready and selling in minutes.
- You can get started for free and only pay a small fee per sale.
- You get a professional-looking, secure checkout that keeps your customers on your blog while they purchase.
- Your customers will have the option to buy using Visa, MasterCard, Amex or PayPal via the App.
- Everything is taken care of by Selz. You get a reliable, secure store and without worrying about SSL, etc.
- You can choose from different themes to change the look of your store and you can further customize it yourself.
- If you are hosting video classes, there are no bandwidth or storage limits to worry about.
- You can link to email tools like AWeber or MailChimp using our Zapier integration.
- Payment processing is taken care of and paid into PayPal or your bank account (if in AUS or US).
Start taking your first orders today
It’s entirely free to have a poke around Selz, and all the features come free with your 14-day trial. You can create an account and see for yourself how quick and easy it is to start selling from your Blogger online store. So don’t hesitate, give it a go.