In May we released lots of helpful optimizations to make it even easier to customize your store and communicate your products to your customers. We also introduced our upcoming affiliate program and partnered up with Google Domains, Tara Gentile, and Creative Live.
Here’s what happened in May at Selz. Don’t forget to read to the end to hear about our plans for June!
1) Customize email link and button colors
You can now customize the link and button colors within your emails (think: Abandoned Cart emails and order confirmation emails), making it easier than ever for your Selz store to match your branding. If you’re using our storefront instead, custom colors are set across your store for consistent branding from the buy now button to the order confirmation email, making you look super professional in the meantime.
2) Send order shipping info to PayPal
If your customers purchase a product through PayPal, we will now send all shipping information, along with the order details, to your PayPal account. This makes it super easy to print shipping labels directly from PayPal.
3) Internal product search
Have a big product inventory? You can now search internally from your Items page to easily access and edit your products.
4) Opensource translation now open
Selz is in 7 languages, with more to come with our new opensource translation program. Want to help translate Selz into your language? Sign up to translate now.
5) Selz & Creative Live
We are partnering up with Creative Live and Tara Gentile on how to write and publish an ebook. The class will broadcast June 20 – 21 for free, or you can buy on-demand access to watch it anytime, anywhere. RSVP now.
6) Selz & Google Domains
Selz has partnered with Google Domains to make it easier than ever to purchase a domain and add it to your Selz store. Google Domains is currently in beta, so adding a Google Domain is currently exclusive to US-based entrepreneurs.
How to add a custom domain using Google Domains
To add a Google Domain to your Selz store, head over to Settings > Store > Store Custom Domain if you’re on the Plus or Pro plan, or install the Custom Domain app if you’re on the Starter or Free plan from the Apps page. Then, click on ‘Buy a domain name’ and follow the prompts.
Want step-by-step instructions? Find out how to add a custom domain using Google Domains.
7) The Selz Affiliate Program
8) Over 40 bugs fixed
This month, our development team went to town resolving bugs to make your experience with Selz more efficient and productive.
6 More May Optimizations:
- Easily manage payment options
- Offer specific discounts in Custom Receipt and Abandoned Cart emails
- Pin to Pinterest with our new link shortener
- Choose your own transfer schedule
- Turn off file description for digital products
- Process credit card payments in Singapore with Selz Pay
Read all the details about the 6 more optimizations from May.
- Japan and Selz Pay: We are finalizing our translation and integration with Selz Pay for entrepreneurs based in Japan.
- The Selz Affiliate Program Beta: Our invite-only affiliate beta program is slated to begin this month.
- Product Landing Pages: Our developers are working on product landing pages to make it easier to sell a single product on a sleek sales page.
- New Payment Processor: We are diligently working on an additional payment processor to expand our global reach to entrepreneurs based in regions we currently do not offer credit card payments in.
Thanks for following along! Subscribe to stay tuned with developments as they happen.